Monday, February 13, 2012

Slow and Relaxed

We have been moving at a pretty slow and relaxed pace around here lately. Emma is fighting some sort of illness, though she isn't really sick. Mild fever off and on, sore throat one day, headache the next. So we have been taking it fairly easy. Here are a few pictures of what we have been up too. 

"Mama, can we collage?" That has been an ongoing project for the past 3 or 4 days. I recently brought about 98% of my paper stash (which was mostly junk mail and magazines) to the recycling place in my attempt to get our house ready to sell. So, while Emma had a box full of horses she had cut out of various magazines and such, I quickly ran out of collage material. So I switched to clay after seeing this cool project on craftsters. 

These are itty bitty pieces that I turned into magnets. 

Mosaic before cooking and painting.

After cooking and painting. 

One of the pieces I made for the mosaic made me think of robots, so I made these two little creatures. Emma helped with some really great ideas. 
 
We did an experiment that did not work out. One of the ingredients (yeast) was WAY expired and I think that is way we did not get the results we expected. To see how cool it should have looked, check out this link.

48 braids in Emma's hair. 1.5 movies to get them done. 

Mega blocks have been a BIG hit lately. Lots of corrals for the equine creatures, tall towers, and pattern-less stacks. 

Nutella on banana muffins.

Finally! Enough snow to ski (though more would have been a bit better). That was just today. She had a blast, but we cut the adventure short because it started to rain. 

The newest addition to Emma's equine family. She does not have a name yet, but she is already much loved. 

That about sums up the latest happenings around here. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: