Monday, September 24, 2012

More About Books

So, I have decided to make a list of books to read/listen too with Emma. This list is mostly for myself, but I thought I would post it here so 1.) I don't loose the list, and 2.) Just in case anyone else is interested in a list of books to read.

Reading (2)

These books are in no particular order. We will read them or listen to them as they become available.

1. The Harry Potter Series (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
2. The Underland Chronicles (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
3. The Chronicles of Narnia (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
4. Charlotte's Web
5. Stewart Little
6. The Borrowers
7. The Black Stallion
8. The Little House on the Prairie Series (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
9. The Velveteen Rabbit
10. Huck Finn
11. Tom Sawyer
12. Snot Stew
13. Fantastic Mr. Fox
*updated 3Oct12*
14. The Spiderwick Chronicles (1,2,3,4,5)
15. The 39 Clues (1,2,3...)
*Updated 12Nov12*
16. The Wolves of the Beyond (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
17. Horse Diaries (1, 2, 3...)
*Updated 17Dec12*
18. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (1,2,3,4)
19. Once Upon a Marigold
20. A Mouse and His Child
21. Black Beauty
22. War Horse (one of Emma's favorites)



I need to make breakfast, but I will update this list as I find more books that I think we might enjoy. I would love suggestions, so please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail letting me know what your favorite book was as a kid.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Mr. Fox and Snot Stew
Love you sis Melisa

Tina said...

Oh, I think I remember "Snot Stew" from when we were kids! I will have to check to see if the library has it. Thanks Melisa! Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Used to own my own classroom size set of Fantastic Mr. Fox, so let's look through our book shelves soon. I did own many of the others too but gave them to school or libraries when I retired. You have many fine choices listed. Another idea is Heidi. You could start with a short version and move on to the complete one later. Emma would "get" the characters. Maybe she'd enjoy it as much as the original Wizard of Oz. Time will tell. Love, Mom S.