Monday, April 23, 2012

Collaborative Artistic Decor

Photo Assignment #3 May11 (3)

We still have no idea when we will be moving to Montana, but I already know of one thing I would like to put up in either Emma's room or one of the main rooms when we get there.


Something like this. Feel free to ignore the changing table, we won't need one of those again. But I love the jumbled alphabet. I found this picture on pinterest, and the idea that was typed under it was to have guests at a baby shower each pick a letter to decorate and give as a gift at the baby shower.

As Emma will be our one and only, I thought this might be a fun house warming gift (not that we typically requests gifts) for us when we move.

So family and friends, I would love for volunteers to pick a letter and spend the next... year, 9 months, whatever it ends up being, working on a letter for us. If you happen to want to pick the letter that your name starts with, even cooler.

Decorate it however you would like. Love trains (and your name starts with a T...) put train stickers and other train stuff on it. Name start with an M and love motorcycles?

The letter of your name, and whatever you decorate the letter with don't have to be the same. Heck, if you have a favorite letter go ahead and pick that one. Name start with a Y and love crafting? I think you guys get the idea.

You can purchase letters at various craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann's, Michaels, etc) in various sizes or, if you feel inspired, you can make the letter(s) out of whatever you have handy. My only request is that the letter be at least the size of a standard piece of paper (8.5 x 11), and be made of  something sturdier than paper- a cereal box would probably be the thinnest material that would hold up to our moves over the coming years. Bigger and sturdier is just fine. I love in the picture about that all of the letters are different sizes, styles, colors, etc.

If no one volunteers, I guess Emma and I can make them ourselves, but they really won't mean as much.

If you are interested, please let me know (e-mail or comments section is fine) which letter you would like!

A
B- Memere
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y- Yvonne
Z

If you have any questions, let me know. I will update this post as people choose letters.

Have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon!

p.s. I know not everyone is on the computer, so if you can think of someone who might want to partake, feel free to pass the word on!

No comments: