Friday, April 8, 2011

Lazy Stay Home Days

I am happy to admit that we are the type of people that are happy to hang out at home for days on end, not really doing much of anything.

Especially after the craziness of the last few weeks and months. 

If we had our way, we would stay home 5-7 days of the week with no real agenda. That isn't always practical, and we do occasionally really want to get out of the house. 

But not usually. 

This week, my first full week home, has been a good mix of out and about vs. stay home. 

Saturday, Emma and I went to the Iowa State Horse Fair. It was pretty cool, and the weather was nice. 
"Mama, how did they get glitter on their horses butts?"

Sunday the two of us went to help out at the Des Moines Swap-o-Rama-Rama. It was pretty cool. I managed to find a shirt that has a Pegasus on it and I made it into dress for Emma. I need to make some cute pants to go with it. 

Monday we had plans for friends to visit, but they were not feeling well, so we had 1/2 a stay home day. We did get a new radio for the car (the old one ate a CD and wouldn't give it back). While waiting for the radio to be installed, Emma and I hung out at Borders.

Tuesday I thought Emma had a Dr. appointment at 9am, but it wasn't until 2:30pm. I didn't want to have to drive an hour again later in the day so we rescheduled the appointment. Then our friends came over and hung out the rest of the day. 

Wednesday was a playdate at the park. It was a bit chilly for the adults, but the kids where running around and warm. Great fun was had by all!

Thursday was a beloved lazy stay home day. We worked on making inchies (1"x1" pieces of art work), picked up a little, watched a lot of t.v, played on the computer, read some magazines, did a load of laundry, and just lazed. It was awesome. I even managed to get a decent meal on the table. Spaghetti. Yum. 

Friday, today, looks like we get another lazy stay home day. I had thought about driving into town with Jared to do groceries while he was at school, but Emma was really into her imaginative play. It seems like with all the has been going on, her imaginative play has suffered. I was enjoying listening to her play so I made the decision to stay home. 

A few photos of some of the crafty things Emma and I have done this week. 




 This was suppose to be a clock, but the hands couldn't go around because the bark was too thick. Oh well, it will look great hanging on one of the walls in our house :)
 Emma made all the giraffe inchies. 




No comments: