Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photo Silliness

It has been good to be home. An entire week even.

Emma and I had some fun this week. I made a very conscious effort to spend more time with Emma, not just near Emma.

We did a lot of snuggling on the couch watching t.v. or reading magazines (that I told her she couldn't cut up until we read them at least once). I may not have done as much as I would have liked, but I did do better then usual.

We did lots of crafty and artistic things this week, but I have to say my favorite was when Emma's Karate show turned into an impromptu and very silly photo shoot.

(Her karate show consisted of her kicking things around her room)

In walks Icky, the dog, and he distracts the photographer (that would be me).


He wants snuggles so I oblige, while still taking photos.

Emma is not one to be left out when photos are being taken:
And for some reason this photo gave me an idea...

Close up eye photos!

I wanted to take close up pictures of Emma's beautiful eyes. We took about 30 eyeball pictures, but I decided to spare you from all of them. The one above is significant because after this one I tried to move some hair out of Emma's face and...

I poked her in the eye. Oops, there goes mama of the year award (again)

I might have still had a chance except I photographed her pain. Not once, 
but twice. Shame on me. 

Could't be helped, even when her eye has been poked, she is still stinking cute!

Thankfully it wasn't too bad of an eye poking, she got right back into the photo mood and wanted to get a picture with Icky. 


Icky, however, wasn't going to get that close to Emma without giving her a kiss. 

I then decided I wanted to take a picture of Emma's nose, but she wouldn't just sit there. She kept making this face:

Which of course led to this,
I love it when she laughs. 

Just as we decided to be done taking pictures, we realized that,
Da was home!

Which of course led to sharing the silliness with him. 

Friday was a great day :)









4 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

Lovely, fun post!

Stephanie said...

So fun. This post was so friend-ly and fun. :) It's easy to tell that you guys were loving muchly!

Megan said...

you SHOULD be mother of the year! :-)

Tina said...

Right! I think it would be tough to be mother of the year. Too much expectation for the years to follow :)