Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saying Yes

Emma just returned from a week at Gramma's. I think it was a much needed break for the two of us. While she was gone I reflected (I feel a little weird using that word) on how crappy I have been treating Emma.

I feel as though I have been neglecting her and stuck in the "no" phase again. Or still. Not sure which.

While she was gone I decided that I REALLY want to be a better mom to her. She is the only kiddo I will have and I am the only mom she will have and I want to make sure I don't screw it up more then what would be considered "normal".

I hate the word "normal". There is no such thing.

Anyway.

So today was Emma's first day home. She missed her computer, so she went immediately to it as soon as she walked in the door.

No biggie. She is after all her parents child.

When she decided she was done on the computer, she wanted to play outside. It was super wet (seems to be raining all year!), so my first response was to say no. And I think I may have.

Then I said, "What is your plan for outside?" She just wanted to swing.

"Then yes, we can do that, let me finish what I was doing." A few minutes later, Jared mentioned that it was raining out. Emma pouted.

I decided, "Why not."

So we played outside for about 10 minutes, then it started to pour. So we came in :)













We were wet in the end, but it was a fun 10 minutes. 

No comments: